Home / Automatic identification solutions company Zetes Group acquires auto ID specialist NETWave
Vanden Recycling

Automatic identification solutions company Zetes Group acquires auto ID specialist NETWave

Expansion of Zetes’ European network to cover 14 countries ensures local support for multinational customers

NETWave has an excellent reputation and a proven team with excellent project management skills

Enables sales and support of Zetes solutions within the Greek marketplace

Zetes (Euronext Brussels: ZTS), the European leader in automatic identification solutions and services for goods and people today announced it is acquiring 51% of the shares in NETWave, one of Greece’s most established providers of Auto-ID solutions for the supply chain.

This acquisition enables Zetes to satisfy the requirement from multinational customers seeking coverage within the Greek market. Now re-branded ZetesNetWave, the company employs twenty people with excellent project management capabilities and is now in a position to offer multinational clients a highly skilled local partner.

Alain Wirtz, CEO of the Zetes Group, comments: "With NETWave, Zetes has acquired a company with an excellent reputation and whose core activities are closely aligned to our business. In addition, NETWave has an important portfolio of customers in the large-scale distribution sector, including in particular the Carrefour group, one of our longest standing international customers."

The financial investment by Zetes will enable the company to revitalise its growth strategy. "By joining our Group, NETWave can integrate the range of Zetes solutions into its portfolio and expand its offering substantially. The company can also benefit from the synergies created for its major international accounts and take advantage of expertise available through our 14 other European subsidiaries", adds Alain Wirtz.

He concludes: "We are delighted to welcome NETWave into the Zetes Group. Its integration will allow us to continue our strategy of strengthening ties with multinational customers through geographical expansion. It also means Zetes can offer customers the highest levels of technical expertise and service across 14 European locations, combined with seamless international project management."

NETWave currently generates a turnover of approximately 3 million euros with modest profits. The company has excellent knowledge of the Greek market and a very highly skilled team of professionals. The immediate investment value amounts to approximately 0.5 million euros for s 51% shareholding. Subject to achieving pre-defined performance criteria by 2013, the acquisition of the remaining 49% shareholding of NETWave by Zetes is planned within this three year period.

Check Also

Street Crane enhance productivity at new 20M GBP robotics factory

Street Cranes enhance productivity at new £20M robotics factory

Street Crane has supplied and installed overhead cranes at Fanuc UK’s new 107,000 sq ft …

MHW TOP TWEETS