Certex UK – one of the nation's leading suppliers of lifting gear and services – has become one of the main UK distributors for Gunnebo Industries.
As part of the arrangement, Certex has been given Gunnebo Lifting's top distributor status of Platinum for their market-leading chain systems, which include the recently launched 'Flexi-leg' system.
Platinum status means that Certex will have full access to all Gunnebo Lifting products – some lines of which are reserved exclusively for Platinum distributors – and will also be able to pass on to its customers any special features or offers that are again only available to Platinum dealers.
Charles Gillespie, Certex's Sales and Marketing Director, said: “We are delighted to have formed this partnership with Gunnebo Industries. They are one of the world's leading manufacturers of lifting equipment and are well known within the industry for quality and safety.
“Gunnebo Lifting is the UK's leading brand for chain systems and we expect these products to be particularly popular with our customers, especially the Classic (grade 8) and GrabiQ (grade 10) series,” he added.
As with the majority of Certex's product lines, Gunnebo Lifting offers an excellent service package, which will further enhance Certex's reputation in this field. The two companies will also work together to arrange customer visits to the Gunnebo Lifting factories, and to provide free customer training and product demonstrations.
Michael Gough, Managing Director of Gunnebo Industries UK, said: “Certex has an unrivalled reputation within the UK lifting industry as a key supplier of quality products and services, and we are delighted to be able to add them to our select list of top ranking Platinum distributors.
We will work together to ensure the best support possible on all our products, and with Certex we also know that customers will benefit from the company's comprehensive back-up services, including installation, product testing, repair and maintenance, and training services.”
Certex – which operates mainly in the manufacturing, steel, construction, offshore, oil, gas and shipping industries – provides a national service to local customers with local needs. It does this through a network of 15 regional distribution centres.
For further information on Gunnebo Lifting products, please call Certex UK on TEL: 0845 230 7475 FAX: 01302 768855 or visit www.certex.co.uk
About Certex UK
• Certex is one of the UK's leading distributors of lifting products and services, with an estimated 8% of the market share.
• Certex's main customers come from within the manufacturing, steel, construction, offshore, oil, gas, port and shipping industries.
• The company has 16 locations throughout the UK with a workforce of around 150.
• Through its network of distribution centres, it provides a national service to local customers who have specific local needs. These are located in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Erith, Glasgow, Gloucester, Great Yarmouth, Plymouth, Portsmouth/Devonport, Retford, Southampton, St. Helens, Tyneside and Wakefield.
• Certex has a Global Defence Procurement arm, which has offices within the Portsmouth and Devonport Naval bases. It offers the sales and servicing of a wide range of marine and industrial equipment to the Ministry of Defence and its prime contractors, as well as to the commercial, leisure and fishing industries.
• Recognised for its outstanding expertise and knowledge in lifting standards, legislation and product quality, Certex supplies only top branded names e.g. Bridon Ropes, Crosby fittings for ropes and chains, Kuplex chain systems, Elephant chain blocks, Viking branded slings and Walker magnets. Certex has also developed its own brand of chain blocks, lever hoists and accessories. The Bulldog range is renowned for its quality and high performance.
• Certex is one of the few companies in the market place that offers a complete solution package. This comprises product supply and installation, inspection, testing, repair and maintenance, training services and certification management. It also offers a product hire service.
About Gunnebo Industries
• Gunnebo Industries is located in Redditch and is a subsidiary company of Gunnebo Industrier AB in Sweden.
• The Group, listed on the Stockholm stock market, has companies in 11 countries and a turnover of £200million per annum.
• Products include grade 8 and 10 chain systems, stainless chain systems, wire rope products, hoists and trolleys, clamps and magnets, shackles and rigging, fishing and aquaculture, lashing and materials handling, and fastenings.
Certex House, Trafford Court, Doncaster,
South Yorkshire, DN1 1PN
Tel: 01302 348916;
Mobile: 07770 946920