John Lewis began trading in 1864 on London’s Oxford Street, and has grown to become one of the UK’s leading omni-channel retailers with 46 John Lewis shops (32 department stores, 12 John Lewis ‘at home’, and shops at St Pancras International and Heathrow Terminal 2), 346 Waitrose supermarkets, a growing online business, a production unit and a farm. The business has annual gross sales of over £11 billion, and the 91,500 permanent staff – also known as Partners – share the benefits and profits of the business.
To continue with John Lewis’s ongoing expansion and support their end of line logistics, B&B Attachments have provided the chain with 21 Appliance Clamp attachments for their forklift truck fleet. These attachments are now in use at John Lewis’s new RDC, designed to handle white goods, at the Magna Park Campus near Milton Keynes, which recently opened and now occupies almost 700,000 square feet.
Established in 1980, B&B Attachments Ltd specialise in the design and manufacture of material handling solutions. As the leading forklift truck attachment company in the UK and Ireland, B&B prides itself on supplying the most comprehensive range of attachments available from one provider.
The KAUP T414-1L Appliance Clamp attachment fitted to a fleet of Jungheinrich forklift trucks have independent sideshift, rubber coated arms and two hydraulic functions, are used to transport a full range of John Lewis’s domestic appliances.
Ted Weager, Operations Manager Maintenance (Mechanical Handling Equipment) comments “The attachments provided by B&B Attachments are an integral part of our operation and has made a big difference to our on-site productivity. The ease of use and reliable operation of the attachments when moving a diverse range of products, together with the service given by B&B, has helped with the start up of this new RDC.”