Awards for Excellence in Recycling and Waste Management close for entries Friday 4th March 2016
There are only a few weeks to go until the 2016 Awards for Excellence in Recycling and Waste Management close for entries.
Celebrating the innovation, creativity and sheer dedication of those working to keep resources in the loop, the Awards for Excellence in Recycling and Waste Management are the best way to show your colleagues, customers and stakeholders that you really are on top of your game.
Big business, entrepreneurs, charities and local authorities will be competing for the top spots in the 2016 Awards for Excellence. Founded by letsrecycle.com, these distinguished awards recognise individual success stories, outstanding team efforts and novel approaches to sustainable resource management.
Entrants have until MIDDAY on Friday 4th March 2016 to submit their 500 word entry for the judges’ consideration. With a wide selection of categories to choose from, those ahead of their field are strongly encouraged to take part in the recycling ‘Oscars’. With so much industry drive towards a circular economy, the award – Circular Economy Success – is sure to attract a host of trailblazing entries for 2016.
As an additional incentive to enter as soon as possible, this year, those who submit their entry before MIDDAY Wednesday 17TH February will be entered into a draw to win half a table for them and their guests!!
The glittering awards ceremony, which takes place on Thursday 19th May 2016 at one of London’s most prestigious venues, the five-star Landmark Hotel, will be hosted by TV presenter and film star, Charlotte Hawkins.
Speaking about the 2016 Awards, Steve Eminton, letsrecycle.com editor said: “The Awards for Excellence is a prestigious event in the recycling calendar. It is an opportunity to reward and showcase the finest and most ingenious efforts from the private, public and social enterprise sector. The ceremony is an exciting and enjoyable networking event, and the recognition that comes with an award win is immeasurable.”
Free to enter, this year’s eleven categories are:
• Retail Recycling Champion, sponsored by Smart Solutions
• Circular Economy Success
• Waste Management Initiative in the Commercial and Public Sector, sponsored by Egbert Taylor Group
• Design of a Waste Management Facility, sponsored by ESA
• Collection Crew of the Year, sponsored by UKWSL
• The Best Community Recycling Initiative
• Recycling Business of the Year, sponsored by Ceris Burns International
• Civic Amenity Site of the Year, sponsored by Repic
• The Best Local Authority Recycling Initiative, sponsored by Hadfield
• Local Authority Recycling Champion, sponsored by Biffa
• Zero Waste Platinum Award, sponsored by Wastecare
Good luck and we look forward to seeing you in May!