For workplace safety innovators, A-SAFE, protecting critical structures is an essential element in the full spectrum of their health and safety and operational efficiency solutions.
Pallet trucks are not the most manoeuvrable of vehicles; in today’s high-speed world, it is unsurprising that 90° corners are hotspots for scuffs and bumps. Resulting chips and scrapes need continuous management and repair to retain complete structural integrity.
With a family of wall protection solutions on offer, the addition of the FlexiShield™ Corner Guard to protect these vulnerable corners has further enhanced the A-SAFE product range.
“The new Corner Guard works on two fronts – it’s highly visible which makes it easier to avoid potential impacts, then even if an impact does occur the FlexiShield™ features will absorb the impact and lessen damage both to the structure it’s protecting as well as the truck or trolley that made the impact and its load” reports A-SAFE’s Head of Engineering.
By keeping the footprint of this product as narrow as possible, A-SAFE have produced a solution to absorb impact without encroaching into designated traffic routes. Its stackable configuration means customers can mount them one on top of the other – floor to ceiling if required: “We have seen instances recently with laden roll containers causing damage higher up warehouse walls, therefore it was important that our solution could meet impact damage further up the structure.” adds A-SAFE’s Product Manager.
The chevron design has been specifically developed to enhance the impact absorption of the product. The Corner Guard’s chevrons increase surface area which then enables it to spread the load of the impact further; lessening its effect on the structure it is protecting.
The new product seamlessly integrates into the A-SAFE range of wall and corner protection; enabling customers to further safeguard their infrastructure and assets from unnecessary harm and damage.
More About A-SAFE
• A-SAFE is the inventor and manufacturer of the world’s first industrial strength polymer safety barrier system, used in warehouses, factories, airports, car parks and other industrial workplaces worldwide. Made from a trademarked advanced polymer called MemaplexTM, A-SAFE barriers flex, absorb impact forces from heavy vehicles, then reform to their original shape.
• A-SAFE clients include Nestlé, Coca-Cola, BMW, 3M, Heathrow Airport, Unilever, Amazon and Jaguar Land Rover.
• The company was formed in Halifax, UK in 1984 and now has 16 subsidiaries in countries including Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Scandinavia, Belgium, Spain, USA, UAE, Japan as well as resellers in over 30 countries worldwide.
• A-SAFE won the Queen’s Award for International Trade in 2014, and again in 2018.
• In 2015, 2016 and 2017, A-SAFE was listed in The Sunday Times SME Export Track 100 league table of the fastest-growing international sales for British SMEs.
• In 2017, A-SAFE also featured in the HSBC International Track 200 league table as one of the UK’s mid-market private companies with the fastest-growing international sales.
• A-SAFE’s RackGuard product won the prestigious iF Award for product innovation in 2015, and their iFlex barrier range won the iF Award in the Industry/Skilled Trades category in 2016.
• A-SAFE worked with the British Standards Institution to sponsor and technically author PAS 13 – the first and only Code of Practice anywhere in the world for Safety Barriers used in Workplace environments.
• A-SAFE rigorously test their products using an in-house Research & Development team comprised of polymer physicists, design engineers and electronics engineers. They are independently verified by TÜV, MIRA and other authoritative bodies, and compliant with PAS 13 code of practice.
For further information, please visit the company website: https://www.asafe.com/en-gb/products/flexishield-corner-guard/overview/