Curtiss-Wright’s Industrial division has today announced the launch of the VTS2021, a dual-axis, vibration-tolerant tilt sensor that offers an optimal combination of performance, safety and cost in dynamic applications, making the sensor ideal for pitch and roll detection for on- and off-highway industrial-vehicle applications, including mobile elevating work platforms.
This latest innovation uses IMU technology and fast-acting software algorithms to filter out disturbances caused by vibration and vehicle motion. This provides output stability without the measurement delays usually associated with heavily-damped, traditional sensing methods.
Each measurement axis of the VTS2021 has two sensing elements, which are constantly compared to ensure correct operation. If an error is detected, its condition is communicated to the host electronics to ensure a safe operating situation is assumed. Additionally, each output signal is calibrated to account for thermal drift, ensuring accuracy over the operating temperature range.
Additional features and benefits of the VTS2021 tilt sensor include:
• Operates from a 6-48Vdc supply, for use on 12V and 24Vdc vehicle systems
• SAE J1939 CANbus output with a choice of baud and frame rates
• Outputs thermally compensated over -40°C to +85°C operating range
• IP67 rating (with mated connector) provides outdoor environmental protection
• Integrated, 4-pin Deutsch DT04 compatible connector for quick, easy installation
• >385-year MTTFd
Sales Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Curtiss-Wright Industrial products, visit www.cw-industrialgroup.com or call +44.1202.034000.