The deadline for entering the first Plastics Recycling Awards Europe has been extended to 12 January 2018. Open to organisations and individuals across Europe who are involved in the recycling of plastic materials, there are five different award categories:
- Recycled Plastic Consumer Lifestyle Product of the Year
- Best Building & Construction Product
- Best Recycled Plastic Packaging Product
- Best Technology Innovation in Plastics Recycling
- Plastics Recycling Ambassador of the Year.
Product designers, design engineers, plastics processors, packaging specialists, manufacturers and suppliers of recycled plastic products are all invited to enter online at: http://prseventeurope.com/prse2018/en/page/awards
The distinguished panel of judges for the new awards has been named as:
- Simona Bonafè, member of the European Parliament
- Cyril Gutsch founder of campaigning organisation Parley for the Oceans
- Design strategist and Co-founder of Form Us With Love, Jonas Pettersson
- Richard C. Thompson, Professor of Marine Biology at Plymouth University and marine debris specialist
- Rune Thoralfsson, owner and director of Norfolier GreenTec, the largest film recycler in the Nordic region
- Ton Emans President of Plastics Recyclers Europe (PRE) and Director Group Recycling in CeDO
- Karen Laird Editor of Plastics News Europe
Entries for the Recycled Plastic Consumer Lifestyle Product of the Year award need to demonstrate how they improve everyday life by using recycled plastics. They can be domestic products, sports and leisure goods, electronic products, fashion accessories or medical and pharmaceutical devices.
The Best Building & Construction Product Made from Recycled Plastic award covers both indoor and outdoor applications including flooring, piping, window frames, insulation, roofing, doors and wall coverings. Among judges’ key criteria for this award will be both sustainability and durability.
The Recycled Plastic Packaging Product award must be for a product with a minimum 50% recycled plastic content and can be for consumer goods or commercial packaging including both food and non-food applications.
The Best Technology Innovation award recognises companies that have developed or applied innovative technologies for recycling plastics. Entrants are asked to demonstrate how they have gained or provided tangible benefits through genuine plastics materials or processing innovations. Technology, machinery, equipment and innovative solutions for different processes of plastics recycling all fall within the scope of this award.
Nominations are also invited for the Plastics Recycling Ambassador of the Year award for individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to plastics recycling, be they politicians, civil servants, non-governmental activists or private citizens.
Finalists will be announced at the beginning of March 2018. The first Plastics Recycling Awards Europe will be presented at The Plastics Recycling Show Europe on 25 April 2018.
The Plastics Recycling Show is a pan-European, free-to-attend exhibition and a conference designed for plastics recycling professionals. It brings together key players from the plastics and recycling sectors to showcase innovative technology, share best practice, network and do business. The PRS conference examines a wide range of the latest industry themes including plastics recycling technology and innovation, materials, the regulatory background and the dynamic economics of plastics recycling.