The Freight Transport Association FTA the largest and most influential business organisation in the logistics sector, has extended the deadline for entries to the 2018 Logistics Awards to 1pm on 21 September 2018.
To be presented at The Royal Lancaster Hotel, London on 13 December by world-renowned comedian Dara Ó Briain, the prestigious awards celebrate the companies and individuals who have made a significant contribution to the logistics and supply industry through their dedication, innovation and diligence during the past 12 months. The shortlist of finalists will be announced on 28 September 2018.
FTA’s panel of independent judges will select winners in categories, including:
- Road Freight Operator of the Year
- Rail Freight Operator of the Year
- Air Cargo Operator of the Year
- Sea Freight Operator of the Year
- Retail Shipper of the Year (for retailers or their logistics partner)
- Manufacturing Shipper of the Year (for manufacturers or their logistics partner)
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Diversity
- Logistics Partner of the Year (for consultants, recruitment, technology, services)
- Most Innovative Product of the Year (open to all)
- Most Innovative Company of the Year
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Essential Services or Public Services (for infrastructure maintenance companies, utilities and highways authorities OR/
- AND emergency services, local authorities, NHS Trusts and outsourced service providers)
- FTA Lifetime Achievement Award
“The logistics and supply industry is the beating heart of the UK economy and these awards are truly the blue riband event of such an important sector. They reward the invaluable service which our talented individuals and companies provide to power the vital movement of goods across the UK and further afield,” comments David Wells, Chief Executive of the FTA. “So many organisations want to enter the awards that we felt it only fair to give them a little more time, after the holiday break, to craft their entries.
“Innovation, excellence and dedication have always been the watchwords of those operating in our industry, and FTA is honoured to recognise the achievements of those individuals and companies who continuously go above and beyond to keep Britain trading.”
For more information on the criteria for each award, and the application process, please visit www.fta.co.uk/logistics18
Efficient logistics is vital to keep Britain trading, directly having an impact on more than seven million people employed in the making, selling and moving of goods. With Brexit, new technology and other disruptive forces driving change in the way goods move across borders and through the supply chain, logistics has never been more important to UK plc.? A champion and challenger, FTA speaks to Government with one voice on behalf of the whole sector, with members from the road, rail, sea and air industries, as well as the buyers of freight services such as retailers and manufacturers.