Duroxite™ 200 saves money and improves productivity in a wide range of applications through higher output and less maintenance.
With its high proportion of extremely hard multiple alloy complex carbides deposited on a mild steel backing plate, Duroxite™ 200 will last much longer than common chromium carbide overlay (CCO) products.
Duroxite™ 200 is particularly suitable for preventing sliding wear in industries active in quarries, mining, cement, energy, steel mills, recycling and other areas where abrasive materials require extremely hard surfaces.
“The harder and sharper material you process, the more you will appreciate Duroxite™ 200. If your current wear material doesn’t give the service life you are looking for, this complex carbide overlay won’t let you down”, says Jesper Gordon, Director Product development at SSAB.
Guaranteed overlay thickness, guaranteed overlay properties
Duroxite™ 200 overlay plate is delivered with an overlay thickness guaranteed to within ±10%. This is consistent throughout the material and between individual plates. The customer always receives the overlay thickness stated in the specifications.
The wear properties of Duroxite™ 200 are also guaranteed throughout the overlay down to 75% of the overlay thickness. The remaining 25% of overlay is the transition layer necessary to maintain good bonding to the backing plate.
Longer service life
Using Duroxite™ 200 instead of other CCO products in sliding wear applications will result in a much longer service life. Depending on the abrasive material, the relative service life can be increased 3 to 4 times and even more in some cases. These numbers are confirmed by calculations with SSAB’s WearCalc software.
Examples of applications
Duroxite™ 200 is a good choice for any severe sliding wear application, particularly if the temperature is above 350°C. Typical applications include cement furnace components, sinter plant parts, coal and cement pulverizer rolls, ore sintering, blast furnace hoppers, throats and ovens.
Duroxite™ 200 is available now through Hardox Wearparts, the global network of wear service centers. Today the network includes almost 500 centers in more than 90 countries. All centers can be found at www.hardoxwearparts.com/find-supplier.
Technical data for Duroxite™ 200
SSAB is the only supplier that guarantees a maximum weight loss for overlay products according to the ASTM G65-Procedure A test. With a maximum weight loss of 0.12 g, Duroxite™ 200 meets the high standards set by the oil sand industry.
Carbide hardness is 2500-3000 HK, the volume fraction of primary carbides is 30-50% and it has a bulk hardness of 60-65 HRC.