Today is the first-ever European Supply Chain Day. The Institute is the primary contact point for all UK-based Supply Chain Day activities and has been encouraging all levels of participation in this unique opportunity to demonstrate to the public the diverse world of logistics and the supply chain.
This is the first time Supply Chain Day events will be held on the same day across Europe and it is sure to be an exciting opportunity to raise awareness of the career opportunities in the logistics and supply chain profession.
Events are taking place across Europe today and a variety of events have been hosted here in the UK:
· Jaguar Land Rover are visiting a primary school in Leamington Spa to discuss with a group of 90 7-9 year olds the importance of the logistics industry
· Kuehne + Nagel have created a fun and inspiring video featuring a poem asking the question What is Logistics? View the video on YouTube here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT3m46h07vc
· Robert Brown Consulting Group ( RBCG) are hosting an open day at one of their warehouses and holding a discussion at their head offices in Nottingham to offer an insight into the successes and challenges of their supply chain business
· Women in Logistics will host a discussion titled ‘Female truck drivers?’ Sponsored and hosted by Meachers Global Logistics
· CILT’s Young Professionals Forum visited business students at Uxbridge College featuring guest speakers from both Nestle and DB Schenker
· CILT are hosting an event titled The importance of business continuity planning: Rebuilding a supply chain at SONY DADC Ltd UK
· CILT are also holding an open day today at their offices in Corby and are encouraging people to pop in and meet the Institute’s team, enquire about courses and training, and discover the variety of careers within the logistics profession
· Essex County Council is hosting an event for local businesses on European funding and the opportunities which arise from this in link with their ambitions to realise logistics and supply chains as growth sectors
· Transport Intelligence have been blogging about the day and featuring first-hand accounts from colleagues to highlight the different career paths and give real-life examples of the opportunities that are available within the logistics industry
· eyefortransport (eft) have been encouraging people to tweet ‘What supply chain means for me’ with the hashtag #SC4ME and will be releasing an article today with the best quotes
If you can’t make it out to an event on the day you can also get involved and celebrate this unique opportunity to promote our profession on social media with the hashtag #supplychainday.