The Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA) congratulates the winners of the 2nd Annual LEEA Awards 2019. Announced and presented with their awards during the prestigious LiftEx 2019 Awards Dinner, held on the evening of 13 November at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Milton Keynes, the winners are as follows:
- A Noble & Son won the Customer Service Award, sponsored by Certex, for its Industry First Customer Promise. This award recognises organisations that are leading the way in delivering exceptional service to customers in the Lifting Industry.
- Checkmate Lifting & Rigging won Innovative Product of the Year, sponsored by Industrial Training International (ITI), for its Infinity Lanyard. This award recognises truly innovative products and services that contribute to improvement of the Lifting Equipment Industry.
- Street CraneXpress won the Kevin Holmes Award for its SCX Academy. This award has been developed to honour the memory of the late Kevin Holmes, previous chairman of LEEA’s Learning and Development Committee. This award recognises excellence in developing people in the Lifting Equipment Industry.
- Reflex Marine with Storm Work won the Safety Award, sponsored by Rigging Services. This award recognises organisations that demonstrate products and/or services that provide innovative protection to people from the risk of injury.
- The LEEA Trailblazer group won the Sustainable Solution of the Year, sponsored by Straightpoint, for the Apprenticeship. This award celebrates organisations committed to maintaining profitability while considering the impact on the environment.
- Cristina Moreau from REID Lifting won Manager of the Year. This award recognises the outstanding achievements of managers who are shaping the future of the Lifting industry.
- Harley Avery from Dynamic Load Monitoring won the Apprentice of the Year, sponsored by Bridger Howes. This award is aimed at LEEA members who want to recognise the contribution and individual effort made by an apprentice in the academic year 2018/19.
- Stephen Murphy from Delphini Ltd won the Unsung Hero Award, sponsored by LHI magazine. This award is aimed at LEEA members who want to recognise those individuals whose support, hard work, dedication and commitment often goes unnoticed.
Three special awards presented on the night were won by the following:
- Ella Cheetham from Lifting Gear Products won the CEO’s Award.
- Kat Moss from Catena Inspection won the Stuart Everitt Award.
- Uli Swantara Asta Barata from PT. Rire Sanjaya Sakti won the Harry Brown Memorial Shield.
Throughout the evening LEEA CEO Ross Moloney and guest speaker, TV presenter Rachel Riley entertained 250 guests from the Lifting Industry.
Ross Moloney said: “Congratulations to the hugely deserving LEEA Awards 2019 winners. This event is all about celebrating the efforts of those who have done the most to raise standards. The fact that we received an exceptionally high volume and quantity of entries for this year’s awards, underlines how exceptional these winners are and how high our standards have become.
“I would like to thank all those who entered and the independent panel of industry experts, which had the hard task of judging the entries. I wish also to thank our award category sponsors as well as event gold sponsor Rope and Sling Specialists, silver sponsor Van Beest and badge & lanyard sponsor Jtagz® Pty Ltd.
“I encourage everybody to start thinking about their entries for the 3nd Annual LEEA Awards, which will be held during the 16th annual LiftEx that takes place on 13–14 October 2020, at the Liverpool Exhibition Centre. Details of the 2020 Awards will be announced in the new year.”
Visit www.liftex.org throughout the year for new developments. Partnership and exhibition opportunities are now available for LiftEx 2020.
Requests will be dealt with on a first-come, first served basis. To secure a partnership package or prime spot on the exhibition floor, please contact Leah Phelps on +44 (0) 203 488 2865 or email enquiries@L2Events.com.