Legrand has launched its first accredited CPD course for the industrial market with its Specification Guide for Industrial Plugs and Sockets.
Explains Caroline Boden marketing manager at Legrand: "We have created a number of accredited CPDs across the business and the feedback has been extremely positive. In the industrial sector, where the difference between specifying a basic product and a more robust, reliable alternative can mean the difference between business continuity and expensive downtime, specification-related CPDs can be particularly useful and we believe that ours will give design engineers and specifiers food for thought."
Legrand’s accredited industrial plug and socket specification CPD outlines ten considerations for specifying the most appropriate industrial plug and socket for the application. An impartial and practical guide, it covers areas including protection classifications, material costs, security, safety, temperature and fixings.
Caroline continues: "In an industrial context, plugs and sockets should never be considered as commodity products because they are vital components in operational efficiency and equipment integrity. We hope this CPD will help specifiers avoid some of the pitfalls involved in selecting industrial plugs and sockets ensuring that they select the most suitable products for the application to maximise service life."
The Specification Guide for Industrial Plugs and Sockets CPD is one of a number of accredited CPDs from Legrand which also include:
· Home networks – an introduction to structured wiring
· Door entry / access control
· Cable management – floor systems
· Cable management – overhead systems
· Guide to specifying and designing a metallic trunking systems
· Best practice installation and specification of cable ladder and cable tray systems
· Busbar versus cable installations
· Guide to specifying medium voltage transformer