ROS (UK) Limited
The ROS™ Rack Repair System
The ROS™ racking repair technology was born out of necessity…
When global furniture giant IKEA became tired of spending hundreds of thousands on replacement racking uprights, not to mention the enormous operational disruption that was caused by replacing the damaged uprights, they contacted an independent structural engineer to assist them with finding a smarter solution.
Like most customers, some of IKEA’s questions and concerns were:
• Do we really have to replace all damaged uprights? Surely most can be repaired?
• Is there a way we can repair these uprights whilst the racks are still loaded?
• Can we find a solution which is far less intrusive than traditional racking repair methods?
• Can we find a way of drastically reducing our annual spend on racking repairs, whilst at the same time meeting our moral and legal health and safety obligations?
From this point, Hans Slavenburg, an independent structural engineer contracted by IKEA, undertook a process of investigation, which, after more than two years, lead to the design and development of a unique hydraulic repair system and procedure.
After the successful repair of more than 5000 uprights for IKEA in Holland alone, ROS™, with the permission of IKEA, patented and then offered the system to the market. Since 2005, the ROS™ upright repair system has been used all throughout Europe and North America, and is used to repair almost 150,000 uprights annually! ROS™ have quickly grown into Europe’s largest racking repair organisation!
2011 – An important year in the history and development of ROS™…
By 2011, the ROS™ organisation had already experienced phenomenal and rapid growth, however, this wasn’t enough!
In order to demonstrate the supreme confidence in our technology, ROS™ decided to take the bold step of having the system and method further researched, tested and eventually certified by DEKRA, the largest product testing, research and certification body in Europe.
On 20 May 2011, the ROS™ upright repair system was certified by DEKRA to meet the hugely important British & European standard: EN 15635 – The Application and Maintenance of Storage Equipment.
Furthermore, the ROS™ upright repair system is the only known racking repair product in the whole of Europe which has been officially certified to meet this standard!
The benefits of ROS™ Rack Repair System
• Certified to BS EN 15635!
• Our process is certified to the relevant British & European standard and is fit for purpose!
• Helps meet your Health & Safety obligations quickly and cost-effectively!
• Adherence to the stringent quality standards enforced by our certification!
• Fully insured and the work is guaranteed for life!
• No need to unload your racking whilst the repair is conducted!
• No waiting for replacement materials!
How it works
One of our highly trained and professional teams of ROS™ technicians carry out an initial inspection of the damaged upright. This is to ensure that the level of damage falls within the stringent safety parameters governing the use of our patented, certified, upright repair system.
A custom, precision-engineered die is secured to the damaged upright and controlled hydraulic pressure is applied using our state-of-the-art process. The repair process works three dimensionally, to ensure correct re-profiling of the front face, side walls and corners.
After the repair process is completed, the hydraulic pressure is gradually released and the precision-engineered die is retracted. The repaired upright is then revealed, having acquired its original shape and form, with no loss of strength, fit or function. Guaranteed!
Interested in receiving a FREE no obligation demonstration?
Get in touch with us today!
0845 689 4700
Click here to see the video: http://vimeo.com/67882636
- View Map
- The Techno Centre, Coventry University Technology Park, Puma Way