Mercedes-Benz Trucks will be celebrating the start of production of the new Actros with the “Edition 1” – a special model, limited to 400 vehicles worldwide, of which at least 35 will come to the UK.
Aside from being equipped with the impressive innovations that come as standard in the new Actros, the “Edition 1” adds numerous special equipment items geared to the driver.
The new Actros with “Edition 1” includes 7 packages:
- Safety Package, with Active Brake Assist 5, driver’s airbag and Proximity Control Assist
- Driving Package with electric roller sun visor, leather steering wheel and more
- Comfort Package with Night & Day ambience lighting, shaving mirror, refrigerator
- Media Package with sound system, notebook bracket, and an extra 12V socket
- Stowage Package including table, shelving system, drawer under the instrument panel
- Sight Package, which includes bi-xenon headlamps and LED tail lamps
- Extra Line with LED position lamps, LED indicators and welcome light
Inside and out, the Edition 1 is instantly recognisable. For example, the “Edition 1” logo is visible in the sun visor and below the model plate. The sun visor also includes four additional LED main-beam headlamps, while there’s an exclusive paint finish on the front panels. The all-important illuminated Mercedes-Benz star has a black surround and there are six additions to the grille trim, while the headlamp surround is also darkened. Likewise, the MirrorCam arms are finished in chrome. On tractor units, there are also stainless steel wheel nut caps on each axle.
Drivers access the cab via the stainless steel steps. Inside are leather door handles with contrasting topstitching, a leather steering wheel, and the cockpit trimmed with black leather. Exclusive floor mats and an “Edition 1” plaque on the passenger-side dash in polished and brushed aluminium highlights the fact that these vehicles are limited to just 400 worldwide.
Looking up reveals the roof hatch with ambient lighting in eight colours. Driver comfort is also enhanced with a bed that measures an industry-leading 900 mm wide, which comes with a duvet cover. A wrap-around curtain – almond beige on the inside, black on the outside – provides privacy in stylish fashion. As does the curtain sporting the Mercedes-Benz star across the front of the bed.