In a bid to foster better communication and effective dissemination of information to trade partners, Mumbai International Airport Private Limited (MIAL) along with its strategic IT technology partner Kale Logistics has launched India’s first air cargo community portal ‘GMAX-GVK MIAL Air Exchange.’
The portal was officially launched by MIAL at the 40th ACAAI Convention held at Jaipur this year.
The project which began at the start of 2013 offers an integrated electronic communication platform and a central base for data sharing with MIAL’s trade partners.
Manoj Singh, Vice President (Cargo), MIAL said, "MIAL is delighted to introduce the country’s first air cargo community portal at Mumbai International Airport. GMAX is the first of its kind ‘Air Cargo Community Portal’ offering a comprehensive EDI service platform connecting all the air cargo stakeholders at Mumbai."
Speaking on the occasion, Sumeet Nadkar, CEO & MD of Kale Logistics said, "This is a very significant milestone for us. It is a demonstration of the capability of our solution GALAXY™ to power E-Freight at our customers’ airports. We are confident that this will take trade and customer facilitation at MIAL to the next level."
"GMAX will bring all the participants in the air cargo supply chain (Shipper to Consignee) under one roof enabling them exchange information and documents electronically. The new platform will put an end to the current manual processes, multiple data entries and improves transparency in the supply chain," added Mr Singh.
Highlighting key features of the service, Mr Singh said, "GMAX is a multi-modal unified electronic platform that will strengthen digital interface between cargo terminal operator and all air cargo stakeholders including Customs, Customs brokers, airlines, freight forwarders, shippers/consignees and other statutory bodies."
Mr Singh expressed his confidence that GMAX will bridge the communication gap and improve visibility, quality and reliability of the air cargo supply. We are sure ‘GMAX’ will develop into a vital asset for MIAL to connect with global air transport and transform Mumbai airport as an e-freight station, he expressed, adding "MIAL will continue its constant efforts to offer innovative technology solutions to the air cargo business with the objective of expanding service offerings and meet industry demand."
Prior to GMAX, MIAL had inducted "Ground Handling Application Module" capable of triggering all the industry standard C2K messages. Since its inception, MIAL has been investing in innovative cutting edge IT applications at Mumbai Air Cargo Terminal.
* World class air cargo information Xchange
* Communication platform of global standard
* Modernize and simplify supply chain process
* Real-time data processing and accurate data flow
* Replaces paper process with electronic documentation
* E-transmission of cargo documents
* Reduce handling efforts and costs
* Improves supply chain awareness & performance
* End-to-End supply chain visibility (Shipper to Consignee)
* Reliable & quality data
* Effective management and tracking of cargo
* Supports E-Freight
* Reduce multiple data entry and errors
* Data uploaded at source can be used for entire supply chain
* Ability to send/receive SMS and Email alerts
* Ability to track agreed service level timelines
* Supports EU data requirements
* Improved customer service