CRP Print & Packaging's Heavy Duty Business, in conjunction with one of its key clients, has developed a totally recyclable bulk pack container complete with fork lift access. The progressive design includes an integral corrugated pallet and has been designed and manufactured with continued waste reduction in mind.
The pack offers a viable solution to the continuing material supply issues, costs surrounding timber and to ISPM15 treatment regulations regarding timber palletised goods for export.
Designed and developed at CRP's bespoke Heavy Duty manufacturing plant at Corby, Northamptonshire, the recyclable pallet container is one of many demand-led solutions for the industry that are produced throughout the business on a regular basis. The recent Starpack awards are testament to the innovation and capabilities present within the organisation, as the unit won CRP awards in both the Best Transit Pack and the Best Innovation to Reduce Waste categories.
The novel container is not only designed to be totally recyclable, but it also gives no compromise in its load bearing ability. Capable of a stacked load in excess of 300kgs, the new bulk packaging container is adaptable for all kinds of pack weights and products.
The container is one of several styles that can be produced through CRP's 'Box King' machine without the need for costly tooling normally attributed to such innovative designs. The versatility of design means it can be tailored to suit a myriad of products and required pack weights.
Matt Blockley, Manager for CRP's Heavy Duty Packaging Business, said: “With continued pressure throughout the supply chain with regard to cost, administration and regulations, we saw an opportunity to develop and market a product giving a viable alternative to conventional containers and traditional timber palletisation. The pack is not only robust, but is also environmentally sound and 100 per cent recyclable in its construction. Our forward-thinking design team and advanced manufacturing facilities allow such ideas to become reality.”
Located in Corby, Northamptonshire, CRP Print and Packaging Ltd is an award-winning independent print, point-of-purchase and packaging company delivering innovative solutions to a wide range of markets.
CRP operates across five divisions:
· Litho Laminated: With its modern infrastructure and ability to offer a fast, flexible service, CRP provides creative engineering and innovative design solutions to meet current marketing demands.
· Display: From concept to completion CRP provides an agency-based approach – creating, printing and manufacturing eye-catching POP and display materials for Pan-European product launches. Large scale production and innovative design and engineering, linked with a real understanding of brands, CRP's award-winning solutions deliver maximum visual impact, sales appeal and instant brand identity.
· Flexo Pre-print: As Europe's leading independent trade house for corrugated pre-print liner, CRP's award-winning technical innovation delivers consistently superb graphic reproduction.
· Lightweight Corrugated & Cushion Packaging: Manufacturing lightweight fluted corrugated materials and utilising its in-house printing expertise, CRP provides superb protection for fragile products in a wide range of applications in the food, confectionery, biscuit and cosmetics industries. CRP's food hygiene accredited Cushion Packaging division provides high quality innovative protective packaging printed in-house for the confectionery and biscuit industries.
· Heavy Duty: CRP's innovative structural design capabilities and bespoke solutions in heavy duty corrugated fibreboard ensure maximum product protection in transit.
CRP Print and Packaging Ltd
Weldon Industrial Estate
Tel: 01536 200300
Fax: 01536 264410