A Birmingham vehicle recovery company, which has equipped its specialist fleet with Quartix real-time tracking, reports significant financial and efficiency gains.
Director Amar Nandra said: "I would conservatively estimate the return on investment to be in the region of ten times the capital outlay."
Beeches Recovery turned to Quartix as it had no means of locating its twenty specialist vehicles in real-time. This made it difficult for staff to know which vehicle to send where, and resulted in inefficient use of vehicles and technicians.
Mr Nandra said: "We wanted to find the next suitable vehicle for a breakdown in real-time, thereby reducing dead mileage and ensuring a prompt and efficient service for our customers.
"Not only have we realised benefits in terms of a reduction in fuel costs but also an improvement in our response times to breakdown and recovery incidents.
"Indeed, the Quartix system has proved to be invaluable to our operation. Being able to provide accurate estimated arrival times is very important and our customers are impressed that we can locate vehicles in real-time. Also, when invoicing, the Quartix reporting system provides trip information to facilitate accurate charging."
Beeches Recovery, which provides 24-hour recovery and breakdown assistance for cars and light commercials across the West Midlands, currently employs Quartix’s high specification Corporate solution, having previously used its popular pay-as-you-go service. The Corporate product has additional reporting functionality, and an on-screen ‘dashboard’ displays key information about a fleet’s performance.
Mr Nandra, who is both pleased and satisfied with the Quartix system, said: "It offers us exactly what we want. But having said that, the excellent support team are always willing to listen to suggestions for future enhancements and should anything come up I am sure they would be willing to help."
Andy Walters, Quartix managing director, said: "Beeches Recovery runs an extremely professional operation and it’s very good to know the company and its customers are benefiting in so many ways from Quartix vehicle tracking. We look forward to supporting them with innovative telematics solutions and helpful, dependable service for many years to come."
Competitive pricing – ‘excellent’ feedback
Beeches Recovery looked at several suppliers of GPS locators but chose Quartix for its competitive pricing, plus ‘excellent’ feedback from companies that already use the system.
Amar Nandra lists many additional reasons for choosing Quartix. In his own words they are:
• ‘The tracking system is based online rather than a software platform, allowing vehicles to be located from any device with internet access.’
• ‘Transparent pricing ensures the fleet operator knows the given costs for a particular vehicle for a particular month, thereby making budgeting easier. (When comparing tracking systems, being able to compare prices readily is desirable).’
• ‘The system is very reliable and stable. The hardware is also extremely reliable.’
• ‘The reduction of dead mileage, efficient route planning and knowing where all vehicles are at any one time ensures an optimal use of vehicles and technicians. Therefore, savings can be made from direct fuel costs as well as a reduction in maintenance bills as less mileage is consumed.’
• ‘The Quartix system is very easy for all members of our team to use and if we have any queries the support staff are always available to help.’
‘The level of service provided is excellent, from the sales team to accounts and administration to the support staff.’
Andy Kirk, Sales and Marketing Director Quartix
Tel: 0870 013 6663