RedPrairie, a productivity solutions provider, announced today its certification of the new LXE Thor vehicle-mount computer from EMS Technologies, Inc. The Thor houses an industry-leading Atom™ processor running a dual operating system of either Windows® Embedded Standard or Windows® Compact Embedded, and is the latest vehicle-mount computer to use the full-screen, full keypad form factor first developed by LXE. RedPrairie has been a partner of LXE since 1987, and has endorsed the Thor for use with its Warehouse Management System (WMS), Yard Management System (YMS), and Transportation Management System (TMS).
"The Thor vehicle-mount computer offers RedPrairie customers superior performance and versatility," said Gary Morgan, RedPrairie Vice President of Sales. "But where the real difference comes is in how the device allows customers to manage change. Our customers rely on RedPrairie to give them the end-to-end visibility they need to handle the unexpected – changes in demand, exceptions, multiple suppliers, and more. The Thor is the ideal hardware complement because with its unique feature set, the end user can react and respond to change with speed and flexibility."
The Thor computer delivers these results with two patent-pending features; Field-Replaceable Front Panel, and Quick Mount Smart Dock.
Field-Replaceable Front Panel
Historically, a vehicle-mount computer needing a new front panel, either as a result of breakage, wear, or a desired new key configuration, required an end user to send the unit back to the manufacturer for replacement, or the purchase of an entirely new unit.
The Thor allows for more flexibility as well as time and cost savings with its field-replaceable front panel:
· Panel can be changed within minutes with a screwdriver
· Replacement front panel maintains the unit’s IP 66 protection against water and dust
· Computer automatically recognizes any changes to keyboard configuration
Quick Mount Smart Dock
The end user is able to detach the Thor from its vehicle-mount. This feature presents numerous advantages:
· One-hand removal of unit from vehicle-mount
· Can stay powered up for up to 30 minutes via battery backup
· Enterprises can deploy mounts on all forklifts, with computers only for forklifts in use
· IT departments can detach the unit for needed software updates
· Can be easily transferred from one forklift to another as forklift maintenance is required