The third Renault Trucks Road to Excellence Championship (RTEC) aftersales competition is well underway. Celebrating the professionalism of the Renault Trucks distribution and repair network, RTEC 2019 kicked off in January, with 1,642 teams from 86 countries signed up to compete for the title ‘Renault Trucks Best Aftersales Team’. Following a series of tough preliminary rounds, the top 24 teams from across the world have been selected to battle it out at the Grand Final in Lyon, 19th June. Representing the UK is Team DILIGAF from Norfolk Truck & Van, Norwich.
Commenting on Team DILIGAF’s achievement on reaching the final, Derek Leech, Service Market and Retail Development Director, Renault Trucks UK & Ireland says: “RTEC is all about striving for excellence and once again Renault Trucks UK & Ireland has taken up the challenge, fielding 54 high calibre teams. Following a very impressive performance, and fighting off some very tough competition, Team DILIGAF won our home nations stage to reach the RTEC Grand Final. This is a team at the top of its game, ready to do Norfolk Truck & Van and the whole Renault Trucks UK & Ireland network proud – we wish them all the best for the final!”
The third edition of the RTEC saw 1,642 teams totaling 6,134 participants from 86 countries signing up for the pre-selection phase to compete for the title of the ‘Renault Trucks Best Aftersales Team’. New countries have joined the competition this year, including Cuba, Chile and Indonesia.
For the first time since the start of competition in 2015, teams will be allowed and encouraged to include apprentices into their teams, promoting Renault Trucks’ investment in future generations.
The RTEC is a challenge that combines written and practical tests, highlighting the skills of the best aftersales professionals of the Renault Tracks network worldwide. This competition is also an opportunity to showcase a number of values:
– The commitment to the brand shown by participants worldwide.
– Teamwork – Renault Trucks promotes collective work and solidarity.
– Skills development – RTEC aims to test and improve the knowledge of technicians via written technical questions.
– Recognition for technicians, who play a daily role in satisfying customers and improving our brand image.
The RTEC comprises three rounds:
– Two written rounds, during which all the Renault Trucks network teams entering the competition need to answer two series of thirty-five questions designed to validate and develop their technical skills, knowledge of Renault Trucks tools and procedures, as well as customer relations management.
– An international final to be held in Lyon on 19 June, during which practical tests in real conditions will decide the winning team which will be awarded the title of “Renault Trucks Best Aftersales Team”.