SSI Schaefer has now finished the complete storage equipment fit-out of Toolstation's new National Distribution Centre, having secured the sought-after contract back in February.
Launched back in 2003 by Mark Goddard-Watts, Toolstation is a multi-channel supplier of reliable trade products, privately owned, aimed at making life easier for trades' people in the UK.
The new centre for Toolstation, at Express Park, Bridgwater Somerset, located over 2 floors, has been fitted out with Schaefer's latest integrated materials storage systems, including:
• PR600 Pallet Racking – configured as a Narrow Aisle System providing 4400 pallet locations for bulk storage of over 10,000 product lines
• 50,000 containers – each supplied with a unique bar code label and moulded from 100% recycled polypropylene
• Mezzanine floor – 4m high with an area 1500m2 fitted with underside suspended fire protection and column cladding to give a 1hour rating, meeting the building control and fire departments requirements
• KDR Live Storage – system presenting over 1200 Pick Faces handling the Euro containers 6 deep, designed to provide an optimum ergonomic picking profile whilst ensuring minimal reach and stoop at the replenishment side
• R3000 Modular Shelving – installed on the first and ground floor to provide another 12,500 double deep container pick positions
The new system has allowed Toolstation to handle over 10,000 product lines within narrow aisle pallet racking, shelving and pick face live storage.
Bob Jane, SSI Schaefer Business Development Manager, said:
“We are very happy with the completed installation for Toolstation, the overall effect is of a professional well thought out operation meeting the current and future needs of this progressive company.”
Mark Goddard-Watts, Managing Director, Toolstation, said:
“Toolstation is a business with efficiency written all the way through it, which is why we chose SSI Schaefer to install a complete storage equipment fit-out at our Bridgwater centre. Schaefer has understood our needs and in turn has offered a unique approach to the project. We have worked hand in hand with Schaefer and the result has been the development of an innovative designed distribution centre working smoothly and efficiently.”