featuring the Strategic Manufacturing Awards. Now in its 4th year the European Manufacturing Strategies Summit is the conference and networking event at which to find out the answers to the key questions affecting all manufacturing industries across the globe.
Delegate places are selling fast with confirmed attendance from some of the world's biggest manufacturers including, Volvo, Avon, Honeywell, Michelin to name but a few. This year's event is already set to far surpass last years with the quality and numbers of delegates expected to be at an all time high.
The 4 day event begins with two exclusive tours taking place in Leipzig. One at DHL's new flagship Air Hub for a demonstration of the latest logistics principles being implemented and the other at BMW's state of the art production plant where cutting edge best practice and technology is being used to maximise output and manufacturing efficiency. Both tours give our attendees invaluable real time experience of the latest manufacturing strategies in action. All they have to do is choose which one to go on!
The tours are followed by a three day summit, employing an innovative event structure which not only offers keynote sessions, panel discussions and vendor-led interactive workshops but also an exclusive networking model of pre-arranged, private one-to-one meetings. Delegates and sponsors meet only with those who have expressed an interest in meeting with them ensuring that precious networking time is spent productively, maximising the very real chance of doing business at the event.
A world renowned speaking panel has been secured for EMS 2008 featuring:
Jürgen Krüger, Director, Economies of the Member States, Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs, European Commission, Belgium
· Christopher Game, Head of TechOps Sourcing, Novartis, Switzerland
· Dr Alan McLenaghan, Managing Director, Saint Gobain Glass UK, United Kingdom
· Martin Smith, CI/Quality Director, Lear Corp, Germany
Each year our carefully researched conference programme is designed to answer the questions currently affecting the industry giving our attendees real solutions that can be implemented on their return. Programme highlights include:
The Shingo Prize: Adopting the “Shingo” approach to operational excellence in manufacturing.
· The global economic outlook: Preparing for a changing economic dynamic and the impact for manufacturers.
· Human capital: Changing perceptions of manufacturing and attracting talent to the workforce.
· Green manufacturing: Cutting your carbon footprint.
· Innovation: Driving product development and protecting your Intellectual Property
· The lean enterprise: Sustaining lean principles in the manufacturing enterprise.
New for 2008 are the inaugural Strategic Manufacturing Awards, in conjunction with Manufacturing Business Technology magazine and supported by Manufacturing Insights and the Institute of Engineering and Technology which have been created to reward best practice within Europe's diverse manufacturing community.
This exciting development in our conference programme gives the companies who are leaders in the manufacturing world a real chance to showcase their achievements in front of an audience of their peers and to be recognised for their efforts. Categories have been chosen to reflect the issues currently confronting the manufacturing industry in which companies are striving to break new ground and create success with innovation, sustainability and technology.
For more information and details of all the categories go to www.manufacturing-awards.com
Event Facts and Figures
· EMS 2008 is a three day event that is now in its fourth year
· 2 exclusive tours at globally recognised companies – DHL & BMW
· Includes inaugural Strategic Manufacturing Awards
· Taking place at the Swissôtel Düsseldorf delegates can choose to: Meet with other attendees or take pre-arranged meetings with a select group of leading vendors such as Siemens, Microsoft, Cisco, EDF, Gesix, Solving Efeso and Rockwell
· At least 200 end user delegates are expected
· Visit www.ems-summit.com or call +44 (0)20 7202 7547 for more information
About World Trade Group:
· WTG is a market-leading conference company that brings together senior executives from world-class organizations for a unique blend of knowledge sharing, networking and deal-making.
· Each year more than 5000 senior delegates – predominantly Fortune or FTSE 500 – attend one of WTG's high level business events in Europe and North America. Many of our events are now in their ninth or tenth successful year.
· Our event portfolio includes more than 40 'must attend' conferences and events held across Europe and North America across 8 key core industries: life sciences, media an telecoms, energy, manufacturing, business services, defence, property and technology.
· The event format pioneered by WTG has carefully researched conference programmes are combined with facilitated networking sessions to provide delegates with cutting edge information and innovative solutions.