Hytera logistics and distribution two way radio communication product solutions

Transline driver recruitment celebrates two new Co-op contracts

At a time of great economic uncertainty, Transline driver recruitment is riding the recession and expanding its operations in Scotland with two new lead vendor contracts at Co-op Harthill and Co-op Cumbernauld. Chosen to spearhead the operations is Transline On-Site Co-ordinator, Louise Currie.

One half of the Transline-Resource Recruitment Group, Transline already supplied Co-op with trained HGV drivers but not from an on-site office. It is very pleased to be continuing its relationship with the supermarket, which has seen rapid expansion following its acquisition of retail rival, Somerfield in 2008.

Transline Managing Director, Paul Beasley said: "We’re delighted to have secured the Co-op Harthill and Cumbernauld contracts. Transline Scotland’s expansion is largely down to the efforts of our workforce and I’m confident they will continue to do an outstanding job as we grow."

Louise previously worked at Transline’s Wincanton Motherwell office with fellow Transline and Resource employees, Lesley Gorman and Robert Harris. In that role she was responsible for providing drivers for clients such as B&Q, Palmer and Harvey, City Link, Somerfield and Co-op.

Based at Harthill, her new role will see her manage Transline’s 70% driver requirement at both Co-op Harthill and Co-op Cumbernauld – 20 to 25 drivers daily at each site – and oversee the remaining 30% to be split evenly between two second tier agencies.

Louise said: "We’re working hard to ensure the contracts bed in well so we can build on a good start in the future. I’m really enjoying the new role and have been made to feel comfortable at both sites straight away. The days are long and it is constantly busy, but that’s great for me as I am always on the go anyway!"

She added: "I really miss working with Lesley and Robert at Motherwell, but we speak to each other everyday and will always be good friends. I don’t think I’m missing out on any of the gossip, Lesley would definitely keep me in the loop with that!"

Paul Beasley added: "Where possible we will promote from within and, although we’re sure Louise will miss everyone at Wincanton Motherwell, we’re confident she will perform very well in her new role."

The Transline-Resource Recruitment Group has been operating in Scotland for over 10 years. Today, it supplies over 150 drivers and 200 warehouse operatives a day to some of Scotland’s biggest household name retailers.

Check Also

Jon Walkington, Retail and System Integrator Sales Director, at Schoeller Allibert UK

What can consumer behaviour tell us about the future of warehouse design and logistics?

By Jon Walkington, Retail and System Integrator Sales Director, at Schoeller Allibert UK For many …

MHW Latest Top Tweets