The United Kingdom Warehousing Association (UKWA) – the trade association representing the third party logistics services industry – has joined forces with recruitment solutions specialists The BJD Group to offer UKWA members a host of personnel-related benefits.
The BJD Group will act as UKWA's recruitment solutions partner and will work with UKWA to provide the Association's 600 plus member companies with a range of valuable services. These include:
• Up to a 20 per cent reduction on recruitment fees;
• Free enhanced recruitment advertising – BJD will advertise a UKWA member's vacancy on its website and other relevant 'job boards' as well as selected printed media at no charge;
• A free 24-hour recruitment advice line;
• A free recruitment audit and benchmarking service that will help UKWA members companies to review their current recruitment policies and assess how effective they are;
• A free salary benchmarking service for warehousing and logistics management positions;
• Free consultancy service to help identify the best type of person to recruit – this combined with the salary benchmarking service can improve a company's performance dramatically;
• Post placement reviews – BJD will visit the offices of UKWA members to discuss their new appointment.
In addition to the above, UKWA members who use BJD's services on a regular basis will receive further fee reductions and rebate guarantees.
Roger Williams, chief executive officer of UKWA, commented: “Recruitment at all levels is a time consuming and potentially costly exercise and getting the right person to fill a key vacancy can be fundamental to the success of any business. With its extensive experience and specialist knowledge of the logistics industry, the BJD Group is uniquely placed to offer an extensive list of recruitment solutions to our members and we are delighted to be working with them.
“The type of services available from BJD have been tailored to not only save UKWA members money but also improve their efficiency by ensuring they make the most suitable appointment.”
Roger Williams concluded: “Access to the kind of value-added services such as the ones offered by BJD are among the many benefits that UKWA members receive – which is why our membership continues to grow.”
Barry Dowsett, managing director of The BJD Group, added: “The BJD Group has provided recruitment solutions to client companies across a wide range of industry sectors since 1991. We provide sector focused recruitment solutions and handle middle management to main board level assignments from strategic, permanent appointments to urgent and interim requirements.
“Our mission is to deliver the best recruitment solutions that achieve differentiation by providing a superior and refreshing alternative to traditional recruitment methods.
“We have a commitment to delivering clearly defined services, visibility and value and we are very happy to be working with UKWA and the Association's members. We have a passion for serving our specific markets by providing the most effective, comprehensive, successful and thorough range of recruitment services available and we believe UKWA members will take advantage of the range of services that we offer.”
For details of how to join the United Kingdom Warehousing Association or how UKWA members can take advantage of the services available through The BJD Group contact UKWA on tel: 0207 836 5522 or visit the UKWA website –