VeriLocation, one of the UK's leading providers of GPS fleet tracking and telematics systems, has been announced as a finalist in the National Business Awards, sponsored by Orange. Multinational companies and SMEs are listed side-by-side in the annual search for the country's top business performers. Uniquely open to organisations of all sizes and from any industry sector – public or private, the programme allows the best businesses to showcase their achievements and benchmark their successes.
VeriLocation is a top ten finalist in the Business Innovation of the Year Award – a popular category for entrants. At the heart of VeriLocation's award application is its VL-Fleet product, which is now used by customers to track over 5,000 vehicles. VeriLocation developed the system from scratch using its own hardware, software, mapping engine, GPS/GSM host and web site. VL-Fleet tracks vehicles in real time providing speed, location and direction of travel information but the system is greatly enhanced by the additional services that can be added. These include:
• Temperature probes – allows monitoring of freezer or chilled compartments on lorry trailers
• Congestion zone alerts – notifies when vehicles enter the zone
• Messaging terminal – allows sending of messages for free to and from base to the driver
• Immobiliser – lets customers remotely immobilise their own vehicles
• PTO alert – notifies when road sweeper / tipper / donkey engine / crane etc is operated
• Door opening alerts
VeriLocation 086.07 page 2
• CANbus – data extracted from engine and information fed to web site. Records exact mpg by driver, revs, use of clutch, brake, accelerator, cruise control, oil temp etc. From this reports on driver behaviour are produced so it can be managed and training provided if required.
Andrew Overton, Managing Director of VeriLocation comments: “Innovation is an integral part of our business so achieving this recognition is a bonus.”
Neil Laidler, interim vice president Orange Business Services said: “2007 has been a challenging year for business with interest rises and fluctuations in the stock market, yet the finalists of the National Business Awards have demonstrated that these challenges are surmountable for British business. Impressive growth, innovation and a strong customer focus are factors that mark-out the National Business Award's finalists from the rest of the pack.”
Further information can be found at www.verilocation.com or by calling 01604 859854.
Overview Mapping Limited
Blisworth Hill Barns
Northants NN7 3DB, UK
Tel: + 44 (0) 1604 859854
Fax: + 44 (0) 1604 859876